Due to the nature of our raw materials and finished goods, AWF is a tobacco and smoke-free environment.
Reports to: Customer Service Supervisor
American Wood Fibers (AWF), a rapidly growing manufacturer of consumer and industrial products sold to other manufacturers and to pet, agricultural and home heating markets, seeks a Customer Service Representative based at its Columbia, MD Corporate Headquarters. AWF manufactures at 11 locations spanning the nation, has 400+ employees, and generates over $100M in annual sales revenue.
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) will coordinate customer orders from purchase order (PO) receipt to delivery by developing relationships with customer logistics teams, carriers and vendors.
- Interacting with customers and vendors via phone and email, providing top notch customer service in a business-to-business (B2B) sales support environment
- Works closely with Account Managers in managing customer’s orders, shipments and inventory.
- Accurately enters orders and communicates shipment details with customers, internal and external production, and shipping teams.
- Develops relationships with existing customers to secure repeat orders.
- Documents all customer interactions and history in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database on a daily basis.
- Manages multiple Excel spreadsheets and other Microsoft office programs.
- Monitors and addresses open orders that might be in jeopardy of not meeting OTIF compliance standards.
Works closely with multiple plant personnel to ensure orders are scheduled appropriately.
- Clearly communicates updates to internal sales leadership and customer contacts in a timely manner
- Prospecting and/or qualifying new leads to assist with sales campaign activities.
- Engage in inside sales for seasonal items.
- Upselling AWF products to customer base.
- Occasional cold-calling to help promote AWF products.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education, training and experience in a customer service position.
- 5 years (B2B) customer/sales service related experience preferred.Ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with rapidly changing priorities and competing deadlines.
- High degree of initiative and independent execution.
- Ability to evaluate alternatives in order to make the best overall decisions based on KPI performance metrics, service requirements, freight needs, economical factors, customer relations and driver availability.
- Proficient in MS Office. Excel skillset must be at a high level.
- Accurate data entry skills.
- Professional phone manner and effective written communications skills.
- Detail oriented and able to handle multiple priorities.
We offer a competitive package to include health, dental, vision and life insurance, plus profit bonus, paid time off and matching 401(k). AWF is an EEO employer.